Monday, January 12, 2009

Host family

I know who my host family is and where they live. On Friday I emailed the institute and asked them if they knew yet, and what info they needed from me. My new family lives in a 3 room apartment less than a kilometer from the Institute. I won't even need to take the Metro there. And it seems I will have my own room. It is a Woman, Elena Borisovna, and her daughter, Nonna. Nonna is a student at Nevsky institute. I looked her up on vkontakte.ru which is the Russian facebook, and I send her a friend application and told her in Russian that I think I will be living with her this year, she responded in english :( and said that it is good to meet me an dI might live with her and asked which university I was going to attend. She didn't friend me... so I responded in Russian that I was attending Nevsky (which is the one her profile says she attends) and that the lady from Nevsky told me I was staying with her and that I am coming on the 1st. Well, I said it in more and better words. But by that time she was offline.
But that is exciting. I have an address, and a phone number and everything. Paige, the american gal who is also going, found out about her family today too. She is going to be living decently far away from me, like 7 kilometers. And my rehabe is like 14 kilometers away from where I live. But it is good that I live where I do, because Paige lives in the opposite direction of my Rehab. And the restaraunt in which the Church I visited 2 years ago Services were held is about half way between me and the rehab. But who knows if they still meet there. I am having a heck of a time finding someone who knows antyhing about that church. :( But I have been praying about it, and I do feel I need to pursue this church passionately, so that I shall do.
I've been on the web and google earth all day................ I should have been doing something more productive. :( I did work out a bit. I also got my train ticket. I also got my registration pics taken.
so, those are loads of m mind, but my pic might have needed to be non-glossy and they are glossy, so I dunno.....
...I hope I lose weight.
yeah. I need to go spend time in the word but I keep wanting Nonna to respond so I am like waiting for it... deah,deah,deah.

1 comment: