Thursday, February 19, 2009

:)

Hey, I've got some interesting news. I can't get my computer to connect to the wifi at the institute.... That kinda sucks but I can see how God can use it as a blessing. The temptation to get on the interwebs during class is gone, and I will probably be in less pain if I don't carry this computer on my shoulder 4 times a week the mile to and from school. So... now I need a zip drive. I brought one from America, but it broke in Latvia. I am not excited about gettign one because they look EXPENSIVE, but you gotta do what you gotta do, and I would certainly prefer to keep you all updated and I don't see that happenign very effectually if I only write these blogs in the Library or computer room at school. There are way too many things that could go wrong there and that would make th efew pictures I've been able to post the last ones you'll see. So yeah. I'll get right on buying one.

Hmmmm... crap. seriously my class starts in 10 minutes. I got to school 40 minutes early only to find a working computer in enought time to write that. suck. well, I'll try to get on here later today and give a real update... but let me do what I can in about 5 minutes. Prepare for typos.

Where di dI leave off??? I haven't talked about Tuesday did I? Okay. Tuesday I had 1 class and these 2 Czech girls were in there with me. This class was the actual problems of world Social groups, except we didn't even talk about anythign related to the title of the class that day so the Czech girls who are fluent in Russian asked her what was up and the teacher said somehting about preparing the girls in the class for some exam, and the czech girls looked at me and said lets go... so we left... ah. I don't really knwo what happened... but I intend on attending the class in the future, I guess. Sucks though. So then I used the web and but some stuf on vkontakte.

Then I met up with Paige and we talked to the Lady in the office who told us when we would go to our Russian for foreigners class. Mine is on Wed. at 9 am and Firday at 10:40... Did I mention that before this I only had class on Tues. Thurs? and nothing earlier than 10:40? Oh,well. What is most important is that I will have a Russian class. Then paige and I got her school supplies and a phone card for her and went to my place and watched Boondock Saints. It was nice and it seems like Paige is having a hard time of it here, so be praying for her. Then I walked her to the Metro and took a walk and went home and fell asleep by 8 pm and didn't wake up until 7 am. I guess I was tired... who knew.

2 comments:

  1. Okay this is crazy, because the exact same thing happened to Megan and I both - after about two weeks of taking our computers there, the internet on them just stopped working at the institute! it worked for other people, but never worked again for either of us. So incredibly frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. weird!!! I think it is an anti-american thing...

    ReplyDelete