Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Sinus angerment

Hiya, sorry it has been a while. I am going to start out this time with prayer requests.

As I have mentioned earlier, I left the US in June 8th. The plane made the situation much worse, and unfortunately even now have sinus pressure, fatigue, chest congestion, way too much mucus, and cannot hear out of my left ear. Please pray for healing. I have been taking antibiotics, decongestants, and just recently starting taking allergy and hayfever meds. Because I wasn't responding very well to the decongestants and antiboitics, I thought maybe I came here with weakened health, but am allergic to the allergens here and thus things have spiraled out of control. I started my first round of antibiotics the day before I came over. After waiting a few day and my congestion getting worse I realized that even if my sinus infection had healed I probably had one again so I put myself on a second round. I am sure I am a doctor's worse nightmare for my self-treatment, but I don't have international insurance, so I don't know exactly what will happen if I go to a doctor here but I think it will cost me an arm and a leg.

Another prayer request is for me to be covered cheaply with car insurance for the firstfruits car. IT turns out I am not covered by the current insurance plan because I am not 25 or older. This means that there is no one currently living in the house that can drive the firstfruits car. After meeting with a potential mommy to move in the house, we decided that I need to go up to Newport by train and taxi once or twice a week to create a bond with her so when she moves in she will feel comfortable. This would be a thousand times easier if I had a car I could use. So please pray for this need. We are contacting our current and other insurance agencies to see our options.

Okay, I actually have to go, but I will update you later! Thanks for your prayers!

6 comments:

  1. Hey Deah! I had a really similar sinus pressure/hearing problem when I went to France a couple of years ago. I tried to wait it out on my own, but it just got worse. When I went to the doctor, he prescribed me some sort of hormone pill that cleared it all up in a day or two. I don't know how it is in Wales, but in France, everyone has the gov't medical insurance, so when I went in without it, the doctor just charged me 20 euros. I'll be praying for healing! --Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deah, wouldn't it be funny if God answered prayer request #2 by making you miraculously 70 years old? I'm praying for you all the time! Sorry about abandoning you on skype the other day, my computer was cooking itself. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I have some unsolicited medical advice for you. 1.) Stop taking antibiotics. It messes with all the bacteria in your system, including the good bacteria that you need for your health. Buy some plain yogurt and eat as much of it as you can stand. 2.) Use the decongestants sparingly. Your body is trying to fix itself -- it needs to congest and decongest on its own. 3.) Find a local purveyor of honey and eat it by the spoonful (or in your yogurt!). It will honestly help with any allergy problems you have. 4.) Rest (as much as you can get even though you're very busy) and water, water, water. And don't skip any meals.

    There ya go -- unsolicited hippie medical advice. But really.

    Also, since I don't know everything (gasp!), I will also be praying for you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehehe Caroline's comment tehetehe

    Love you! I'll be praying for you! And I like your little pic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The 25-year-old rule is ridiculous. How are you feeling? Are there even bees in Wales? Aren't they disappearing from the planet? ;)

    ReplyDelete