Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A much belated update

Hiya. Thank you all so much for your prayers! They are much needed! I am feeling better, but and not back to full strength. I can hear out of both ears!!! That is a HUGE victory in my book. I still have a smoker's cough and laugh from my congestion. That may be because for the last several days I have been a little hectic and gotten like only 6 hours of sleep and accidentally skipping meals, so basically blatantly defying Jessie's advice. But other than that I have been trying to take care of myself and did get some good sleep last night.

The insurance issue still isn't sorted. It would cost 900 pounds to put me on the insurance plan this year. We haven't got that kind of money. So I need to look around and see if there is another option. So, please, keep praying about this situation. I'd like a miracle here.

So, we have a few potential ladies who want to move in the house. One is older and from Newport the other is homeless and we haven't met her yet. The one from Newport really seems like she is keen on moving here soon, so please pray that she would be able to. She needs to sort out some issues with her previous living situation before she can move in, so please pray that God intercedes there and has it all just be taken care of swiftly. This woman could really use a lot of prayer, so pray for her safety and her peace and self-control and whatnot.

The other lady I may have the opportunity to meet on Friday. So be praying for that meeting. From what I have heard she is very introverted and withdrawn, so be praying that God would help me to find out a passion of hers and be able to ask her about it. I really feel like that is a beautiful way to help get someone out of their shell and to help built trust. So yeah, she seems to be in a dire situation too. I believe she may be homeless. So be praying for her and her situation.

Let's see. Other than than I have started going to Rhiwbina Baptist Church. It is really far away and kind of a hassle to get there, but the people there seem to be very giving in that I have gotten rides to and from there ever since the first time I went and arrived 30 minutes late because I missed the bus. After church on Sunday some lovely girls invited me to go on a picnic with them and I did. They seemed really nice and really interesting. One of them did like an internship or something with Jackie Pullinger, which I just think is WAY awesome.

Last Thursday I went to Swansea again. Didn't find Libby but got some good praying in, listened to several sermons on my iPod, started writing in the journal I bought for her, and got to have lunch with John Derek Rees. After I came home from that Jess really wanted to go to bingo, so I went with her to that. It was fun bonding with her, but bingo is a serious drag. It is just some dude quickly saying numbers in monotone and you looking for them, and if you talk you get shushed. Not my idea of a fun night out of the house.

Friday, of course was Jamie's wedding. It was beautiful! Then a bunch of the girls hung out at the bay to chill out after all of the wedding prep and tear down stuff. It was really fun and Becky and Kerrie got feisty and stated daring one another to be obnoxious, which was fun to watch.

Saturday Kerrie, Rachel, Jess, Mel, Leona, and I all went to the beach. That was fun. Leona gets really excited about the beach. So does Jess.

Jess and I are going to maybe get more into cooking and cook something a little more extreme or complicated once a week or so. I think it will be fun. Tonight is roast Turkey breast. Jess is going to teach me how she makes it.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Deah,

    Just want you to know I'm praying for you. Glad you are feeling a little better. I know God will lead the ones He has to you; thank you for obeying His call on your life!

    I hope you have a fun, good, safe visit with your Mom. Your family is dear to me!

    "O Lord, you have examined my heart and know everything about me. You know when I sit down or stand up. You know my thoughts even when I'm far away. You see me when I travel and when I rest at home. You know everything I do. You know what I am going to say even before I say it, Lord. You go before me and follow me. You place your hand of blessing on my head." Psalm 139:2-5 NLT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey deah I miss the updates.

    ReplyDelete