Sunday, June 13, 2010

First Half-Week


Hiya!
Thanks for your thoughts and prayers! And comments! I love comments!!!
There isn't much of a story about the cream. The girl just had half a cup of cream and was holding it out to get coffee or something and she just accidentally overturned it on me (she was window seat and I was aisle seat). And if you skype me I'll tell you about the bruise. It was out of a fool-hearty concern for my cat that I bodyslammed the corner of the kitchen table.

Anyways, so I told you about Wednesday. Thursday was rather chill. I went with Jamie to the GoingPublic gap year Christian Leadership Academy that was from like 9-1 or so. IT was really good and refreshing The lesson was about the church and leadership styles in the church and being culturally appropriate. Some fun stats I learned was that 3% of Wales is Christian. Out of the teen to 24 demographic only 2% are Christian. Also, 2 of the students gave presentations and one of them was about spending time alone with the Lord that was quite inspiring. I must admit that spending time alone in the Word has not been my strong suit lately.

Then Jamie took me home where I lay around hoping my luggage would come and trying to recover physically. Got to Talk to mum, dad, and Jasper on Skype which was great. I called about the luggage but never got to talk to any humans, and in the end the luggage didn't come. That night at dinner Jess and Mel's older sister Penny came and ate with us, which was very amusing and interesting. She has got a fair amount of sass in her.

Friday my luggage came at 10:30, which was almost exactly the time I woke up. I unpacked (words cannot describe how great that was) and showered. Then Jamie and I met up with Troy for lunch (whom we have worked with in the past, especially dad). Then we went on errands including getting me a local simcard for my cell phone and a bank account. It took forever to get a bank account. about an hour. But I think I made a new friend in the process. My bank teller was a dear.

Then I met up with Derek at Starbucks. That was swell. Then we came home and had dinner. That night it was just Me, Jamie, and Jess staying home so we went out to Blockbuster and rented some movies and looked around for stuff to do facials. We couldn't find any but Mel bought us some so when Becky came home we all did them. Later when just about everyone had gone to bed, Jess hung out with me in my room and we talked for a long time. It was delightful.

Saturday we had to be in Haverford by 9 for the Crisis Pregnancy course. IT was from 9-4 with a 30 minute lunch break. It is really intense and I think I am going to learn a lot and I like the people there. I have loads of homework from it. Becky went to so we may have a homework party later in the week. That night was the World Cup game between England and the US. So, we went over to Cath's and watched it. She had cooked a lovely dinner so we ate and watched. For those who are totally out of the loop, it was a tie 1-1. Most people around here were rooting for USA because the hate the English so, but out of the girls watching they were not as anti-English. Then we played the boardgame the Big Taboo. It was a delight. It was good to get to know some of the girls from Church on Saturday both through the course and watching the game.

Today we went to Glenwood Baptist. It is a delightful church. I was made to go on stage though, which was quite a surprise to me. They were doing an announcement about the changes and Firstfruits and they mentioned I was new and taking Jamie's place and the next thing I know they ask me to come up there and in short time I am talking in Russian to the audience. Kinda surreal when looking back on it. they prayed for me, which was swell.

After church we arte sandwiches in the park and then I cam home had such a long sleep I guess you could call it a mini-coma. Then it was time for dinner to we went to wetherspoons.

So, that is my week!

Things you might pray about: Pray for Jess very hard this week. She is a dear!
On Tuesday I am planning on going to Swansea and sitting in City Center and praying and hoping that Libby will come. Pray that she comes, and that she remembers me and that we are safe and able to talk and that I am able to feed her. Pray for Libby in general.

For those who don't know, I met Libby last year on mission to Swansea. She is a heroin addict who is forced by her abusive boyfriend to sell herself to make money for both of their habits. Please pray for her. She is so sweet and maybe more than anyother heroin addict I have ever met she seems to have a decent head on her shoulders. She really needs love. From what she has told me about her life, I don't know that anyone has ever really looked as anything beyond an object that they can use. Pray that God's selfless love really shows through me and that His truth reaches her. And that I get to meet her! Okay, that is all for now!

4 comments:

  1. In that picture, you look like one of The Family in "The Omega Man." It is terrifying! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Thanks for that Caroline!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the Cher-requested updates :)

    I'm glad you're documenting your meals! What a Hobbitish Riceish thing to do. And facials sound fun!

    MISS HOMEWORK PARTIES WITH YOU! And regular parties!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this post. I like the facials!!! And Wetherspoons...oh the memories! :)

    ReplyDelete