Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Wonder of Wonders








HELLOO!! I didin't type anythign at how so this blog will no doubt be incomplete. but I atleast want to Write about Monday. Monday after I posted I met with paige way quick and ate teremok and she went to her helpign sesson. Then to stay out of the cold and wait to go to Rehab I went to a cafe that was AMAZING and had a yummy cheesy croissant. then I went to Rehab.

At rehab There was a guy named Dennis who is an ex-addict and just finnished his Bachelors at a christian school and is abotu to start studying psychology. He basically wants to do the same thign as me I think. :) Then He left to do some stuff and Seryozha started practicing a new song for worship. Then because I had told him that I knew a few of the songs we sing in English he made me sing them... except I totally didn't remember the words because I haven't sang them since I regularly attended Henderson Hills liek 2 years ago because we sing old school stuff at Christ the King. So I tried to remember them an dwrite them down but there were chunks I didn't remember. Seryozha really wanted to sing the English with me but I wrote sloppy so he couldn't read because I didn't know if they were the right words and there were lines I would just make up on the spot. Yeah... so he wanted me so sing it soem time and then the would sing it in Russian or we coudl sing it toegether in Russian or whatever. I was really stubborn about it and he was all like "hey, you were the one who wants to help." So I bucked up and we practiced a bit and I showe dhim some pics on my ipod and he said my family (particularly Cherith) looks nothing like me. Then we helped the peopel that came in then we went to the Parent meeting. He actually let me help carry thigns over to the meeting. Yea for starting to be mildly helpful and treated less like a guest! Then we hadd our parent meeting which was great as usual but I did soem unfortunate zoning out during the lesson. I guess my mind didn't want to work to very hard. but I did get some out of the lesson. We sang a few songs before the lesson and after the lesson we were going to sing a song and Seryozha said he wanted to sing a solo... then he looked at me and said (in Russian) you ready? Uh... I totally thought we were like preparing for Sunday or liek a week away or soemthing. But I just said Da and he said (in Russian) "you sing it in English, then we will sing it together in Russian." Adn he started playing. I didn;t coem in when I was supposed to so he sang softly in Russian to let me know I should be singing. Then I sang it... complete with improvs, and by the end my voice started to waiver a bit but I think that over all it was vocally ok. then a measure after I was done he started in Russian... I thought I was supposed to sing with him but was nervous and hadn't practiced much in Russian and so I couldnt make the turn around that quick. I should have stopped singing but I think I basically sang a word or two from each line. classy. Anyways. everyone said it was great and some people took pictures (they always take pictures at church) and they posted them on vkontakte (russian facebook) and so now I show them to you! Then at prayer requests I didn't have to have mine translated although Seryozha had to help me speak. I was trying to say "God's will" which is Volya Bozhe but I think I said Bolya Boga, but I got corrected and all was well. then we prayed and I started settign up the food. And the people that usually set up the food had to go so I was the only one doing it for a while until Olga and Nastya and Sergey stopped their little photoshoot and came and helped and it made me feel very happy to feel helpful!! yea!!! I knwo these people help me A LOT MORE than I help them, but I am glad that finally I am doing something, even if what I am doing is very little.

SO that was that and we ate and we cleaned up and I walked to the Metro with the mother and then Seyozha's mom got out on my stop because she and seryozha live REALLY close to me and so she walked me how and we talked. the women are so nice and they love me like crazy. I am VERY VERY BLESSED!!

Then I chilled at home and talked to Paige an excessively long time on the phone and I couldn't sleep even though I started trying at like 11:30... I know for sure I was awake at 2 for sure and probably later. I dunno why. It might have been my mild performance adrenaline...

At school the next day I talked to Elena about what universities I should look into and she said she'd call them all and find out about them. WAY COOL AND NICE!!!!! Then Paige and I wen tot our Religion class for the first time. It is the best class I've had so far! ...but that isn't saying much. Paige was dying for Mexican food an dshe convinced me to skip my next class and get Mexican Food with her. How could I resist when she said she'd pay and that I could use her interwebs at her place after? Plus the class that I would've gone to it Atual Problems in World Social groups and the teacher HATES me so I asked today if I could change classes and Elan said I could so I am going to start taking Culturology....
So we ate yummy yummy mexican food. I got the Chimichanga which TOTALLY hit the spot. It was even better than the burrito. and I got papas al horno. yumm. THe chips for th echips and salsa were carmalized and not my fav.
Then we wnet to Paige's and hung out and I used the internest forever and she was a dear about it. Then I went hoem and tried to go to bed. It was like 8 but I was SOOO tired. But none the less I couldn't sleep at all. I got to sleep around 12:30 I think... earlier than usual I guess but not as early as I was shootingfor.

This mornign I had my little Russian class and it was swell. And I've been online since then trying to keep myself and you up to date.

5 comments:

  1. (Hmmm, this may end up being a double post--computer had a 'hiccup'.)

    So, tell me/us the names of those songs and I/we will see if we can find the words and email/facebook them to you!

    I might even persuade my personal translator to translate them--maybe! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe! I found them online!!! praise God, but I really would love To sing "come thou fount" in Russian but it doesn't seem that anyone has translated it yet!! :(

    But be in prayer for me because tonight Seryozha and I are singing it again and we are going to sing a duet to this other song. I found the harmony to the Russian saong we are singing but Seryozha said it is hard to sing and play this song at the same tiem for him... and soemtimes when I sing the harmony he sings up where I am singing an dit sounds gross. The church service starts at 7 my time so pray for it... and also it is at big church and it fits like 1000 people but I've never been there on Thursday so I dunno how many people will be there... but I get BAD stage fright when it comes to singing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are delightful pics! i'm glad you're having such a great time! and i just got a new beth moore study and i'm oh so excited :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deah,
    I love the new pictures. Confused is the picture of you and Dennis or someeone else? Just trying to keep all your friends straight.
    I'm so glad that you are singing regularly. I love your voice!!! Praise God that He is using your voice. Praying for you sweetie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ME and Seryozha!!! HE is the one that always sings with me and that is always at rehab every single time I am there.

    ReplyDelete