Monday, March 23, 2009

Moribund

I saw a dead man today. He was laying face down on the pavement with his arm reaching out over his head, his thin, yellow, wrinkled hand protruding from the cuff of his shirt. I just turned the corner and there he was. I was on autopilot so I kept walking and had to back-track to avoid him and the police and ambulance. They didn’t move him and there was no caution tape and no warning.
Later Paige had to undergo the same shock I did, even though I tried to warn her.
Also there was like a crazy blizzard with Oklahoma-like winds after a day of warm weather. I was wearing flats and was entirely unprepared. A day in the life I suppose.



That was from... Friday. Not the best day ever but things are looking up. Sorry to not have posted for so long and then to post this less than encouraging bit of info, but ya gotta start somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment